Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Cloudy

Can't teach Astronomy labs if it's cloudy out. It's been cloudy for 3 solid weeks now. No labs. Students (and professor) getting anxious. I try to be optimistic but full overcast isn't gonna just magically clear up for viewing. *sigh*

I need to buckle down on research. Hard when the teaching stuff involves me running around and putting out a lot of fires. Still, I'm really going to have to smack down on myself and make sure I spend four or five working hours just getting the research done. I don't have too much time to screw around on things that are NotThesisWork.

Knitting has been a mixture of focused and crazy. How is it that I still have two--no, wait, three blankets still on the needles? No wonder I am not making a lot of progress. I put one of them in the corner but two blankets is still a lot to work on! I'm 2/3 done with each of them.

I ripped out an old half-knit sweater and started something new with the yarn, too. This thing looks like it will actually fit me, so that's better than the half-finished-thing. Still, casting on another sweater isn't exactly helping the "get things finished" list. I have a sleeve of Takoma half knit, too, so that project's waiting for me to pay attention to it. For smaller things, I also have two socks on different needles--again, neither of them garnering much progress.

Finally,  I have three (or four) hats I want to knit for the holidays, one a commission knit so it comes with extra responsibility. And there's the plans for the hot water bottle cover and slipper socks for my mom, and the colorwork thing for my older sister, and as many socks as I can churn out for my twin. These haven't been dented yet! and I've got two cowls I want to make for myself--TWO.  And that estonian lace and those witchy fingerless mitts I want to make myself... and more fiber to spin than I can look at.

Anyway, long story short, I'm busy. busy busy busy. Also I appear to have a problem prioritizing things (especially now that stash dash is over). How do you prioritize your knitting? How do you decide what to work on next, at any given moment, or over the course of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment