Tuesday, January 27, 2015

truth

true to my own fickle tastes, I have spent the last two weeks NOT working on any of the projects in the last post.

Instead I spun.

it was fun.

I borrowed a wheel.


That's an older version of the Ladybug and it's a darling. I like especially the double treadle--much easier to pace, for me, than a single treadle. Also adjusting tension is pretty easy.

I get this dear for a week. I've finished those 3 bobbins (for a total of 4 oz) on Saturday and Monday, so I've got 4 or 5 more days to play with it. I think tonight I'll go ahead and ply these, not just because the wheel is faster than plying by spindle, but because the bobbins hold more than a spindle.

also I am running out of bobbins so I can't just start something new. so, good. Plying. make a finished yarn. That's not a bad plan at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment