Monday, July 20, 2015

The end is nigh!

After some diligent knitting over my break, discussion with my yarn and fashion inclined sisters, and a bit of "sucking it up" about actually starting the sleeves, I begin to see that I might yet finish this sweater by the end of the month!

I have knitted the bulk of the first sleeve. What remains is a knitted-on garter stitch edging that I want to do instead of the recommended garter stitch edging which is sideways. or. the normal way. I cast on about 15 stitches and knitted almost the whole way around before I realized 1) that my k2tog and k3tog at the joining point were kind of ugly; 2) that I'd started in the wrong place so if I do end up using buttons they'd be, oddly, on the underside of my arm; and 3) I definitely have enough yarn but I really should try the sweater on when it's not bunched up to make sure the length of the sleeve is correct.

When I finish this technical/tricky bit, I will do the other sleeve. Since they're half sleeves, and they started as raglan so they're half done, these are only about 5% each of the total sweater. And then when I am done I will use the rest of the yarn to make it longer, which is about another 5%. so right now I'm less than 15% from the end of my sweater and I've got more than a week left off the month.

Of course I need to do research first and foremost. but uhhh... when my brain reaches a breaking point then I take a little knitting time to give it a chance to heal.

No great pics of the sweater yet but if/when I finish it, I will be doing a photo shoot (if I can).

I can't believe I've knitted most of a sweater! I can't wait to have knitted a whole sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment