Sunday, August 9, 2015

I finished the sweater!

The sweater is done! I may at some point need to: affix buttons; weave in ends; remove life line; re-do the bind off edge if it is too tight. But the knitting is complete so I give it a big fat FINISHED stamp. This with my other FOs and spinning brings me up to 3601 yards

Now, if you have been paying careful attention, you may have noted that Stash Dash 2015 ends on the 14th of August and that I still need to make it to 5469 yards. To you I say, do not fear, for I still have one huge WIP that can turn into a FO of many yardages. The lovely blanket pictured in an earlier entry is in its last stage, gaining a border, and I am into the last ball of worsted weight as I knit that. I also have a pair of mittens that are just an inch or two from being done (an hour or two's worth of work, surely no more). So fear not! with those two combinations I will make it to... drumroll, please... 5417 yards.

crap. yeah. that's right. I'm gonna be short of stash dash by 50 stinking yards.

I'm sure I can crank out a 50 yard something (bulky hat, anyone?) but at this point I'm so bitter I don't think I want to even try any more.

Anyway, I still have 5 days left, so instead of blogging, I'm off to poke this blanket and see if I can't bang it out real quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment