Thursday, October 8, 2015

late night thoughts

I want my goal for next year to be to start one project a month with 12 of my oldest yarns:

1. dyeabolical lace: laceweight shawl gift
2. bright purple handspun: ??
3. blue Koigu: fingerless mitts (Rye, maybe?)
4. opal starry night: cowl, flat/in the round
5. cashwool: estonian lace (in progress)
6: katia linen: ??
7: morgana casbah: shawl that justifies the colors?
8: DiC starry black and blue: astro-y colorwork of some sort
9: thistle claudia: colorwork socks?
10: grape claudia: textured shawl
11: dark purple handspun: ??
12: cedar casbah: shawl that justifies the colors?

not finish, just get on the needles/start considering. This use-oldest-stash yarn was a good idea a few years back so will be nice to try again.

I also want to knit 12 pairs of socks (but none of the above are socks. meep!): 6 for me, 6 for twin

and finish all my WIPs
and defend my dissertation
and learn to fly

edit: maybe it's better to think about starting 12 projects with yarns purchased before 2014 (some 38 yarns in this Old Stash). Then I don't have to knit all my casbah up in one year and I get to some of the sock yarns too.

4 of those 38 are Deep Stash/Core Stash--my "generic" entries for leftovers and my stockpile of epic-shawl laceweight
3 of those 38 are wollmeise, not feeling the urge to use that up any time soon
with some luck, 4 of those 38 will be gone/used up by the end of this year, so not for consideration.
That leaves 27 yarns to pick through. Plenty of options.

aside from the 12 above there's also:
13: supersoft handspun/bulky weight: ??
14: mal purple sock: recreate Wine in Summer shawl (in progress)
15: 3 irish girls sock: shawl?
16: Cushendale gift yarn from Ireland: ?? pillow? monster?
17: 2 skeins of twilight: shawl? pamuya:
18: corsair handspun: ??
19: purple and gray sock yarn: socks for twin
20: 3 ply blue dk yarn handspun: ??
21, 22, 23: 3 skeins of Rowan Felted Tweed for witchy mitts (in progress)
24, 25, 26: KP felici: socks for me
27: lakeshore handspun: ?? hat?

I could do this for my whole stash, but I won't.
FYI: 46 yarn entries in 2014; 44 in 2015 so far (19 of them swaps and 7 of them handspun, so more like 18 things in)

not counting things that came in and also went out (thru being finished, or thru re-swapping)

I really should get some sleep

handspun: 20 before 2014; 7 in 2014 (only 3 finished; 4 still on the spindle!); and 9 in 2015 so far. Bigger/better spins, though, this year, with the addition of the wheel.

1 comment:

  1. Have you pondered joining in the Year of Projects? They're on a July-June schedule but there are a few of us that operate on a January-December schedule. There aren't any real rules other than kind of having a loose idea of what you want to do. And then you blog about progress, photos encouraged, and post in the group (blog link for whatever day you blog, which doesn't have to be every week).

    ReplyDelete