Sunday, November 22, 2015

Socks

I have 40 pairs of socks waiting for me to knit them.

I want them all Right This Moment.

Why can't I knit as fast as I can daydream about socks?


edit:
Some people are not sock knitters. While it is true that you can buy a pair of socks for much cheaper and much less effort than you can knit a pair, I find that handknit socks are fun, fairly fast, and a really good price-point: you get one project out of one skein of yarn (sometimes two out of one skein! if you don't mind short cuffs). I also don't mind wearing odd colors of socks whereas I'm much pickier about sweaters and hats and shawls and things.

all this means is a) I like knitting socks, mostly and b) I have a hell of a lot of sock yarn.

edit 2: the small needles+yarn is a little hard on the hands, hence why I can only say "mostly"

No comments:

Post a Comment