Friday, June 17, 2016

checking in

Currently watching: I watched a few episodes of Great American Baking Competition last night before passing out

Currently reading: Soifer, Neugebauer, Matthews, Egami, et al (2000) and (2001)

Currently knitting: trying to finish off the second ball of yarn in the 5-ball secret project. also I caved and cast on a new sock yarn project for this month, the nurmilintu I've been craving. Worked out a few kinks with gauge and edgings being too taut and am proceeding slowly. I subbed these two yarns in for the black-and-color-pops fingering weight that was ambiguously set to become A Shawl Of Some Sort when I set my yarns for the 2016 Year of Socks. At first I was against swapping yarns, but I figure as long as it's still sock-yarn and comes from the same age or older stash that the one I'm removing did, it's good. This stuff is really old/some of my 2012 stash, so I'm happy to be using it over a skein I got last year.

In fact I'm thinking I'll swap out another designated yarn (not sure which one) for the two color mitts I had balled up 6 months ago so I can make sure to use those before they get too stretched out. Those are for an xmas gift, so I am looking forward to that.

Currently spinning: I finished the brown corriedale! everything's having a rest and then in the next week I'll begin plying these two. Hopefully I've enough yardage of the brown to match the extended gradient of the loop bump.

Currently thinking: ugh. migraines and an all-nighter and the terrible shooting in Orlando really fucked this week up for me. but I'm churning slowly through my list and I am still optimistic about getting enough work done.

Currently planning: on doing a bit of cleaning and organizing this weekend. maybe two boxes worth? we'll see. also need to make a few important phone calls (moving company; heart doctor; car place; family) and maybe order a plane ticket.

BUSY BUSY BUSY BUSY.

No comments:

Post a Comment