Tuesday, June 14, 2016

trying something a little new

I'm going to try a more frequent update system. HAH this is a terrible plan. But I'm going to try it, and it's going to be list based

What I'm reading: I just re-read Black Elk Speaks. Also spending a little time with my Peterson Field Guide to Hawks since it is large-bird-sighting season.

What I'm watching: a few knitting podcasts here and there when I have the time (ie late at night before I go to sleep)

What I'm spinning: I'm on the last section of brown corriedale roving. Hopefully I'll be able to start plying it with my Loop Bullseye Bump in Tiger's Eye before the month is over.

What I'm knitting: Still making progress on the second of three secret projects. I finished the body of Pickles the Cat but am out of stuffing (tinkgeek has offered me some of hers next time I visit). I finished the first sock from May's sock projects and I think I'm done with the gusset decreases for the March sock project. I am not doing a major June sock project---too busy, and so much other stuff on the needles. I'll use the time to try to make progress on or finish other things.

Except I started Nurmilintu last night. color combination will work but the edge is turning to razor wire so I'm going to rip it out and start again on needles at least two sizes smaller

What I'm working on: Chapter 2 of the diss needs writing and that looks like about it. Chapter 3 needs a little bit of playing with numbers and graph making, then writing. I want to finish both of those as soon as possible, leaving chapter 1 (the intro) which needs references and formatting, and all of chapter 4 (conclusions and future work). I have about 20 days left, so that's terrifying

What I'm planning: I'm looking into switching the utilities, setting up the moving company, preparing for a quick PR trip to look for housing, arranging the stuff the cats need to travel, arranging the healthcare I need to take care of before the trip, getting my car in better condition, and sorting what stuff I want to use up, get rid of, or throw out from around the house. I'll try to work on one of these a week but they are all big overwhelming things so it's a bit tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment