Monday, August 7, 2017

summer was fast

My summer has flown by, probably because I've been so busy. Teaching a summer student, doing research/trying to finish a paper, and a series of presentations kept me busy around travel at the beginning and middle of May and the middle of July. I'm home again, and thoroughly unsettled still. The house is a disaster, I need to go grocery shopping, the cats need to be brushed and won't stop snuggling me (3 weeks away is apparently too much time for them, even if it's too hot to snuggle. I don't mind the love).

So the days passed, and now August is here, and frankly I haven't crafted much at all. I'll barely scrape up 3km for stash dash, and it's all from finishing stuff that I'd started earlier in the year. The bulk of my travel/vacation crafting was this:

A cute cross stitch pattern from Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. The rest of my time was spent relaxing or writing or both, and very pleasantly.

I just need a couple of days to get my head screwed back down. Right now I'm off floating in the ether between worlds, unbalanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment