Friday, September 1, 2017

Late to the party

Did I mention that I cast on a Find Your Fade shawl? I know this was everyone's big thing for the past year but I was resisting its allure, mostly cuz... welll... stubbornness. But I threw together some skeins from stash and realized I had plenty for a fall-colored fade, if I didn't mind getting a bit creative with the yardage requirements. Fortunately it's a pattern that lends itself well to modifications. I'm on the second-to-last color now and it's becoming a bit of a slog but still very satisfying. Especially satisfying because I'm making it from stash and didn't fall down hard at the Madelinetosh entry on WEBS.
Not that I didn't spend several hours playing with color combinations in my cart.
But overall it's been a good year for me, purchase wise. I don't think I'll join the fiber club again; I like buying more specific things more than I enjoy being surprised, and I have too much fiber on my hands right now anyway. I bought a couple of skeins in january but have used them up already, and the other things coming into my stash have all been gifts. So yay for saving!
A hurricane may be coming upon us soon down here in Puerto Rico. It is the right season. I feel like I should pack some epic knitting in case I need something to distract me in the absence of electricity. Perhaps the poncho I was working on, or the tunic--something big. But those long rows work best with a distraction--maybe instead I should just pack three or four skeins of stripey sock yarn and see how many socks I can plow through. yeah, that might be the ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment